Disposing of waste is an extremely wasteful business, no pun intended. Fuel expenses in this industry make GPS a vital, must have. In order to have an efficient use of time and money, managers need an easy to use, productive system to monitor exact routes and driver behavior.
Sensors can be installed to monitor fuel levels, temperature, doors opening/closing and even the activation of the compactor. Specific turn by turn routes can be structured for each vehicle and notifications can be automatically sent to management if the vehicle travels outside that route. Excessive idling times, hard stops, and fast accelerations can also be monitored; all having a significant impact on fuel expenses.
Keeping a Waste Management organization running in an efficient manner is a difficult task. With a SkyEye GPS tracking system, managers of a waste management organization can keep their vehicles and assets on the right path and safe from theft. Our solution makes it possible to increase efficiency and productivity while eliminating unauthorized use, wasted time and lowering operational expenses.
With SkyEye GPS’s waste management fleet tracking software platform, managers have a variety of efficient and productive monitoring tools. They can assign specific parameters to the various assets needed for waste management. These parameters can include specific routes, operator names, when the compactor or other accessories are activated and even how fast the asset is allowed to travel.
- How can you be sure that the correct truck is covering its assigned route?
- How often do your employees use company vehicles for personal errands?
- Are employees using company owned vehicles or equipment to earn money that is not reported to your company?
- How often do your drivers sit idling in your vehicles?
- How safe are your employees behind the wheel of your company vehicles?
- How do you effectively manage the maintenance scheduling of your vehicles and assets?
- Can the economical useful life of your vehicles and assets be improved?
- How much fuel is wasted because of inefficient routes or while a driver tries to find a particular location?
- Like Cement and Dump trucks, Garbage trucks get approximately 3 miles per gallon.
- Cutting just 3 miles from a Garbage Truck’s daily route saves more than $106 per month, per truck in fuel.
- The average diesel-powered garbage truck costs over $170,000 and is not retired for 12 years.