The expense of hauling and delivering materials with dump trucks continues to skyrocket with the cost of fuel. Fuel expenses in this industry make GPS a vital, must have. In order to maintain an efficient use of time and money, managers need an easy to use, productive system to monitor exact routes and driver behavior.
Keeping a Dump Truck organization running in an efficient manner is a difficult task. With a SkyEye GPS tracking system, managers can keep their vehicles and assets on the right path and safe from theft. Our solution makes it possible to increase efficiency and productivity while eliminating unauthorized use, wasted time and lowering operational expenses.
With SkyEye GPS’s Dump Truck fleet tracking solution, managers have a variety of efficient and productive monitoring tools. They can assign specific parameters to the various assets needed for material delivery. These parameters can include specific routes, operator names, when the dump mechanism or other accessories are activated and even how fast the asset is allowed to travel.
- How can you be sure that the correct truck is covering its assigned route?
- How often do your employees use company vehicles for personal errands?
- Are employees using company owned vehicles or equipment to earn money that is not reported to your company?
- How often do your drivers sit idling in your vehicles?
- How safe are your employees behind the wheel of your company vehicles?
- How do you effectively manage the maintenance scheduling of your vehicles and assets?
- Can the economical useful life of your vehicles and assets be improved?
- How much fuel is wasted because of inefficient routes or while a driver tries to find a particular location?
Tracking a Dump Truck on the SkyEye GPS tracking platform gives businesses an edge by ensuring managers that drivers are doing their job and following the company’s code of conduct behind the wheel. Vehicles can be an equipped with a variety of GPS tracking devices to track the location, route, speed, driver, etc.
Sensors can be installed to monitor fuel levels, temperature, doors opening/closing and even the activation of the dump mechanism. Specific turn by turn routes can be structured for each vehicle and notifications can be automatically sent to management if the vehicle travels outside that route. Excessive idling times, hard stops, and fast accelerations can also be monitored; all having a significant impact on fuel expenses.
Deliver materials more efficiently and drastically cut expenses with the SkyEye GPS tracking solution for Dump Trucks.
- Like Garbage and Cement trucks, Dump trucks get approximately 3 miles per gallon.
- Cutting just 3 miles from a Dump Truck’s daily route saves more than $106 per month, per truck in fuel.