Field Service companies need to be especially cost-conscious. Landscaping, pool maintenance, painting, pest control and other field service businesses can monitor and dispatch employees, save time and money, eliminate waste and lower insurance costs with SkyEye GPS tracking and management for their service fleet of vehicles and assets.
There are a wide variety of field services that are offered in the business world. Landscaping, home and pool maintenance, pest control and many other kinds of companies that often maintain large fleets invest in a variety of valuable assets. However, these business people cannot always keep their assets safe or be assured that employees are efficient and productive while using company assets properly.
It is extremely difficult for field service companies to manage the assets that travel from job to job. These assets are often misused and even lost.
The SkyEye GPS Solution for field service companies helps control the use of equipment, tracks the location of assets, monitors actual time on the job and eliminates needless waste so that employers can lower their monthly operational costs. In addition, companies can even get discounts on their insurance rates for having GPS tracking devices on their vehicles and assets.
With the SkyEye GPS tracking platform, field operations can be monitored for inefficiencies and assets can be protected from theft. Parameters for specific assets can be assigned based on need. Time of operation, distance from a set location, speed limit and much more can be assigned to specific assets and employees.
In addition, dispatchers can track vehicle location to determine who is the closest to a work site for more efficient dispatch.
- How can you be sure that the correct truck is covering its assigned route?
- How are you messaging your drivers now that cell violations have become so large?
- How often do your employees use company vehicles for personal errands?
- Are employees using company owned vehicles or equipment to earn money that is not reported to your company?
- How often do your drivers sit idling in your vehicles?
- How safe are your employees behind the wheel of your company vehicles?
- How do you effectively manage the maintenance scheduling of your vehicles and assets?
- Can the economical useful life of your vehicles and assets be improved?
- How much fuel is wasted because of inefficient routes or while a driver tries to find a particular location?
- In what way is location-based service involved in dispatching your repair units?
- How do you determine which vehicle(s) to dispatch in an emergency situation?
- Are you able to quickly locate the closest vehicle to a specific location?
- What kind of improvements could be made to your company’s overall work flow?
- How often do your customers call asking when a technician will arrive?
- In what ways can your company improve efficiency and productivity of your employees?
Monitoring where workers are in the field with a one of the GPS tracking devices below is quick and easy thanks to integration with the SkyEye GPS platform. These devices can be installed in any field service vehicle to monitor where vehicles are in relation to different geographical landmarks that can be programmed in SkyEye GPS’s software.
Reports can be generated based on the data automatically gathered in the field that provide information such as how long employees spend at a jobsite, what equipment is being used at each jobsite, who is driving each vehicle and driver behavior such as hard stops, fast accelerations and collisions.
Sensors can be attached to these devices to gather more data such as temperature, door open and closed, and even fuel monitoring. Field workers can also be equipped with a small GPS tracking device to ensure safety and productivity for all workers.
In case of emergencies, Panic/SOS buttons can also be used to bring help fast, all thanks to the great security features of the SkyEye GPS tracking platform.
- The average vehicle consumes 1.2 gallons of fuel per hour while idling. At $3.50 per gallon, cutting just 30 minutes of idling per day saves close to $50 per vehicle in fuel consumption per month.
- 33 percent of a vehicle’s fuel consumption is affected by how the driver operates it. The ability to manage and decrease hard stops and accelerations will drastically improve the safety of your drivers and decreases fuel consumption.
- Reducing a truck’s average speed from 70 miles per hour to just 65 can translate into a reduction in fuel consumption by 6 percent, while reducing by another 5 miles per hour to 60 will give you an additional reduction of 7.5 percent.