Renting out mobile assets like cars and boats can be extremely profitable, but also extremely risky; you’re loaning assets to total strangers. GPS platforms expedite tracking and timely return of assets, and also allow for quick asset recovery if need be.
Car rental services need to keep track of their assets. Otherwise, they will lose cars to misappropriation and theft.
Installing a GPS tracking device in each rental asset for quick recovery can prevent these things. Managers can set up geofences that can alert a user when an asset has moved into or out of a designated area. These easily applied map settings can limit where a rented asset can and can’t go. Devices can also be configured to sense and control door locking functionality.
Mileage or engine hours can be monitored and maintenance scheduling can send automatic notifications of when service needs to be performed, extending the useful life of every asset. Some vehicles and equipment can even be remotely disabled with the help of SkyEye GPS’s tracking and management solution.
- Have you ever had one of your rental assets damaged or stolen and been unable to recover the asset or reimbursement for damages?
- Do you want to be able to restrict the rental of your assets based on region?
- How do you currently monitor and manage the location or status of your rental assets?
- What provisions do you currently take to protect your rental assets while they are in storage or rented out?
- How do you effectively manage the maintenance scheduling of the assets that you rent?
- Can the economical useful life of your vehicles and assets be improved?
Renting an asset to customers is a risky business. Assets are often damaged, misappropriated, used outside of a permitted area, and even stolen with no way for the company to retrieve it. The SkyEye GPS platform for rental companies is a great way to ensure the return of assets.
Assets can be tracked when stolen, damage locations can also be determined based on tracking data and renters can be immediately alerted when their assets leave a designated region or used inside a restricted area.
On the SkyEye GPS vehicle tracking system, assets can be added to the system and updated with specific information such as renter name, address, phone number and other contact information. These features and many more allow for rental asset owners to monitor their assets.
Owners can even set a geofence to alert them if an asset enters or leaves a designated area.